Sunday, January 10, 2010

Comfort their souls in Christ. Grant unto them that they may have strength.


Many of my close friends/former roommates are currently serving missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

In my personal scripture study I have been reading in the book of Alma. Much of Alma details the missionary efforts of Alma, Ammon, Amulek, Zeezrom and others. The other night I read Alma's prayer for his brethren and felt a similar feeling of love for my sisters scattered across the world.

Alma 31: 32-33

"O Lord, wilt thou comfort my soul, and give unto me success, and also my fellow laborers who are with me--yea, Ammon, and Aaron, and Omner, and also Amulek and Zeezrom [and Sister Meyers and Sister Simmons and Sister Kinghorn and Sister LaSeuer and Sister Bangerter and Sister Roerig and many other sisters], ... yea, even all these wilt thou comfort, O Lord. Yea, wilt thou comfort their souls in Christ. Wilt thou grant unto them that they may have strength, that they may bear their afflictions which shall come upon them..."

No comments:

Post a Comment