Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Finals week, winding down

1. I painted my nails red. They are supposed to be red for Christmas, but they ended up a deep beautiful red. Red like blood. They are so fun! I love looking at them and typing with them and picking things up with them.

2. My finals week is pretty anti-climactic. I only had four finals to begin with, two are already done, and I can probably get another one mostly done during work tonight. My brain graduated weeks ago and I'm in the process of purging the classes for which I have already completed the final.

3. Having a wonderful job in which you get to work on homework is AWESOME . . . until you don't have homework to work on. Then it becomes very boring. Luckily I have a long "to do" list, but I still have to occasionally remind myself not to waste my life mindlessly surfing the Internet.

4. In celebration of a relaxed finals week, I started a new book. "Spoken from the Heart" by Laura Bush. I've mentioned before that I really enjoy biographies and this is no exception. I find her life fascinating. And I also very much enjoy reading the biographies of great women who married great men. Because, I have a suspicion that I will be married to a great man and I want to know what to do.

5. Speaking of said great man, I am patiently (and by patiently, I mean anxiously. And by anxiously, I mean really really anxiously.) waiting for him to, I don't know, make things official by putting a pretty, sparkly thing on my red, blood hands.

Man, my hands would look SO good . . .

2 comments:

  1. Lynne. I love that you made a list like I did. Isn't it fun? And I love that you came up to talk to me just because I'm leaving soon and you wanted to be in my presence. Cause I wanted to be in your presence too. And you make me feel like I'm still important to you, even though you have so many other things going on. I appreciate that. I'm going to miss our chats. A lot. But we have to talk on the phone, okay?

    love ya.

    And I love the part of your post where you said that you have a feeling that you are going to marry a great man. I have that feeling too... I just haven't met him yet. :)

    ReplyDelete