Friday, June 5, 2009

Confession: The West Wing

I am addicted to The West Wing. It's outdated, it's fictional, and it's glorious. I even found a website that allows me to watch them online (with the added benefit of Mandarin subtitles).

Do I want to watch super heroes save the world in an exciting (and predictable) manner? No. Do I want to watch canned sitcoms with laugh tracks and lame jokes? Again, I say nay.

I want to watch C.J. and Sam argue about the ins and outs of a labor dispute and the fact that the biggest news story of the day is that President Bartlett doesn't like green beans.

What could be more entertaining?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Washington, Lynne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession. My family owns every season of the West Wing on DVD. I think I've seen every episode of the first four seasons twice. Bartlett for America!

    ReplyDelete