Saturday, February 13, 2010

My five minutes of fame

Did you know February was black history month? I'll be honest, I didn't know that until last December (2008) when my roommate Andrea told me she'd give me a jamba juice certificate if she could photograph me for her job (she worked at multi-cultural services).

A few weeks later, I was walking through the Wilk, eyeing the waffle cones at Sugar and Spice (as I normally do) and I suddenly come face to face with myself.

An almost life-size version of myself entreating those passers-by to become involved in black history month.

For a month, the most common comment I got about it was, " . . . but . . . [confused look] . . . you're white . . ."

Really?! Shoot, I hadn't noticed . . .

1 comment:

  1. p.s. i have indeed seen that poster around and admired your fame. nice job.

    ReplyDelete