Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random Observations Concerning Work

  • A particularly entertaining earmark I came across at work today..."The Operating Room of the Future"
  • I came across an earmark destined for none other than Socorro, New Mexico! Say hi to the $2 mil we sent there, Paul!
  • I saw that Hackensack is an actual town in New Jersey! (An unintended consequence: I had "Movin' Out" stuck in my head for three hours.)
  • I came across a company called "Moog Inc. - FloTork." You can't make up a more ridiculous name.
  • I sat in on a quarterly planning meeting today and figured out how non-profits work: proposals, grants, and results. And the cycle never ends, by the time you find out if you got a grant or not, you have to start writing a proposal to apply for the next year.
  • Sometimes we put C-SPAN on in the background at work, and today the woman taking votes sounded just like Katharine Hepburn! It was strangely comforting...

1 comment:

  1. Well, Flo-Tork's rotary actuators are pretty special. And a thing of beauty. Moog Flo-Tork products are on the space shuttle gantry; I get a lump in my engineer's throat everytime I think about hydraulic actuators!

    ReplyDelete