Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Five Minutes of Fame

Today there was an article in the Washington Post about the database I've been working on at work on and off the past few weeks. Check it out:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/28/AR2009092803862.html

This is cool because I specifically looked up and documented all of the earmark requests and campaign contributions for Senator Cochran, and now it's NEWS! Our office was really buzzing because of the publicity as well. I talked to CNN, Reuters, Huffington Post, NPR, and a few other random reporters. By "talked to" I mean I answered the phone and transferred them to someone who could really talk to them. But it was still cool.

(If the link doesn't work look it up by the title, "Defense Bill, Lauded by White House, Contains Billions in Earmarks" by R. Jeffrey Smith)

3 comments:

  1. The world has finally caught on to what we've known all along--Lynne is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne,

    Just want you to know that I am REALLY enjoying your blog ... you are such a great writer, and I love reading about your insight on the experiences that you are having. Hope to see you soon ... I am heading to Utah to visit Dad and LuAnn in a couple of weeks.

    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Cathy Ritter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You even have great fans! --Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete