Monday, November 30, 2009

I am torn between two worlds.

I know that I will be going home soon, packing, cleaning.
But I can't go home yet.

I know that I can't go home yet, so I try to nest and feel at home here, but I know I'm leaving soon.
So it doesn't really work.

I know that I need to plan for next semester, but it causes me to worry about things not part of my life right now. Forces me away from the comfort I feel now.

I know change is coming, so I (like any rational person) just want the change to come so I can deal with it.

But it's still distant. And I am still torn.


2 comments:

  1. I see what you're saying. You can always just forget you're leaving until 12 hours before. Save the panicking for later?

    And you'll get to see me, so that's a bonus. Just look forward to that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for expressing exactly how I feel..this is so true! I try to soak up the experience but I know I'm leaving soon so it prevents me from doing so...dumb.

    ReplyDelete