Monday, October 25, 2010

yes. YES.

Excerpt from the book on entrepreneurship that I am reading:

"Individuals need life structure. A life lacking in comprehensive structure is an aimless wreck. The absence of structure breeds breakdown. Structure provides the relatively fixed points of reference we need."

This is key. This is why school is so comforting. This is why busy days are better than lazy days. This is why not being in school is so ominous--the structure disappears into nebulous "intentions" to accomplish life goals. Transition is hard because structures change.

I identify with this because I find great comfort in consistent processes and try to implement them in my life wherever possible.

And while structure is something I need, the good news is it is also something that I know how to create. (You should see my google calendar...)





Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave. Quoted in The E-Myth Revisited, by Michael Gerber.

1 comment:

  1. 1.
    oh no.
    i make a point of keeping structure out of my life as much as i possibly can. maybe i should just give in... eek.

    2.
    lynne. you are awesome. and your structured life is going to be amazing post-grad. i'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete