Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lucy and Ethel went to D.C.... in the rain.

My mom, my aunt, and my cousin came out to visit me in D.C. a little over a week ago. They happened to bring with them rain, sleet, wind and temperatures in the forties. Let's see, humidity + wind chill + temps in the 40s = DANG COLD.

We had many adventures and ended up losing/breaking/demagnetizing two umbrellas, a camera, two metro cards, and quite nearly our sanity.

But it was really great to see my family and show them around the city I love, even if it was colder than spit.


In the Capitol rotunda. Dayna inspecting her camera after a mishap with...dropping it on the floor.

Good ol' Brigham Young
The cool little train-ish thing we got to take under the Capitol. (We didn't want to walk outside, it was cold and wet!)

Trying to manage umbrellas, cameras, blankets in the wind and rain.

2 comments:

  1. Brigham Young is in DC? Where's that statue at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Capitol building. Every state has two statues of prominent citizens in the building somewhere. Ours are Brigham Young and Philo T. Farnsworth.

    ReplyDelete